Thursday, February 16, 2012

Beastie Burgers

Beastie Burgers
Shop 60d Little Stanley St, South Bank



As an avid fan of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo franchise, I was hell keen on the release of the Hollywood version of the first film. I love the books and thought the Swedish movies were brilliant. I was a bit skeptical as to how I could accept any new versions when the first were already so good but there was no way I was going to miss out.



Marc and I headed to South Bank for the movie and as a pre cinema lunch, we decided to stop by at Beastie Burgers because I'd never been to Beastie Burgers and at that period of my life (a couple of months ago), I was absolutely addicted to burgers (a really bad addiction to have if you're trying to diet).


Beastie Burgers is located in South Bank Parklands. It has a small shopfront with a scattering of outdoor seating. We picked a table and later had to relocate due to rain.

The menu promises many classic burger options involving all our favorites of beef, chicken, lamb and vegetarian, all with cute names ('IT Support' for a tandoori chicken burger anyone?)

American in Noosa - flame grilled beef burger, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato relish and Kenilworth cheddar

Marc being a typical guy went for a beefy beef burger - the American in Noosa. It came out rather huge, which I suppose is considered a desirable attribute in burgers. He said it was good!

I got real lame and went with a salad. Yes I am on occasion one of 'those' people who do stupid things like order salad at a burger joint or fish at a steak restaurant. I'm ashamed about it, ok?

Grilled BBQ chicken salad - with sweet potato, grilled eggplant, Persian feta, lettuce and salad onion

I went with the grilled chicken salad that came with feta and sweet potato... because I love sweet potato. There were ample amounts of chicken with the salad (good but a tad dry) but unfortunately the sweet potato didn't mix as well as I thought it would. Strange combo. Still edible though.

Hand cut chips with aioli

Finally, we had some chips to share. The chips were shaped like mini roast potatoes and were to die for. They were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with a real homely, earthy potato flavor. YUM!

Overall, Beastie Burgers was a pretty good place to get burgers. This is a huge positive since South Bank is the kind of environment that you often feel like getting burgers in. It's ideal for popping into before a movie because you don't have to worry about being delayed and missing the trailers. I'd like to go again and order a burger this time.

2 comments:

  1. U regularly order salad and regular order fish at steak restaurant, not "on occasion".

    I think u stole the chip description from that song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Byr...

    Lol. Yes. I regulary screw up. I should stop ordering outside the square.

    "Crunchy on the outside, squishy on the inside"

    ReplyDelete