Monday, October 26, 2015

Brunch at The Duck's Nuts, Bundall

The Duck's Nuts
Sorrento Shopping Village, 23 Bundall Road, Bundall


A couple of weeks ago, Marc and I found the perfect opportunity to head down to the Gold Coast. It was mixing business with pleasure but since the 'business' part was all to do with him, I went there purely to have a good time. My day started with breakfast at The Duck's Nuts, a cafe a friend recommended. After half an hour of coffee leisure time, Marc joined and ordered lunch. I'm averaging out our meals to be 'brunch'.


I haven't had much prior experience with Bundall. Geographically it's somewhere between Surfer's Paradise and Broadbeach but slightly more inland. The Duck's Nuts is located along the Bundall Road edge of Sorrento Shopping Village. It's small so you need to be looking for it. I quite liked the courtyard seating especially the tables that backed onto the street.



The menu at Duck's Nuts provides tonnes of breakfast and lunch options and, something I was interested in, takeaway boxes for dinner. If I lived near there I would definitely pick up some precooked meals for an easy night's solution.

Smashed avocado and rocket on sourdough with side of smoked salmon

My order of the morning was the smashed avocado on sourdough, with an addition of smoked salmon. It didn't sound like much on paper but the serving size was enormous. The mound of avocado, feta, rocket and salmon kept me going until dinner time that night. I particularly liked the creamy, zesty dressing that seemed like an odd inclusion but really brought all the flavours together.

Soy latte

The coffee was also good and quite strong. I'm getting a bit over reviewing soy coffee because when I order a soy latte all I can taste is soy so I think from now on I'm just going to order something different or put up with the lactose effects of real milk so I can actually assess the coffee.

Beef nachos

When Marc arrived, it was more appropriately lunch time so he ordered the beef nachos. Obviously I couldn't resist grabbing a few to taste. The savoury mince on these nachos was so juicy and flavoursome and as a huge avocado fan (see my above order), I loved the lashings of seasoned guacamole. There was also a topping of sour cream, which I think was just normal sour cream but somehow tasted like next level sour cream because it was just extra creamy and extra amazing. I really enjoyed this dish.

We had a lovely meal/s at The Duck's Nuts. The food is more homely than fancy or gourmet but the flavours are true and serving sizes are very generous. We found the staff to be very friendly and the shop front is small but relaxing and chilled.
The Ducks Nuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment