Thursday, October 29, 2015

Easy Halloween Treats with Donut King

Donut King Halloween Edition
http://www.donutking.com.au/index.php/whats-new/


It's that time of the year again! Growing up in Australia I was never big on Halloween but somehow this year, I'm really getting into the spooky festivities. We're even having a costume party on the Saturday so there's been a lot of thought and planning into decorations, outfits and a themed menu.


Coming up with scary Halloween-suitable foods is hard. If you look online there's a million adorable and perfect ideas that other people have created but try to do it yourself and it's likely that lots of ingredients, time and money later, you end up with a bit of a mess.


The much easier solution is to pick up some pre-decorated Halloween treats, such as those gorgeous designs from Donut King. I was given a voucher to sample a 6 pack and I could barely contain my excitement. The original plan was to serve them at our party but I've already eaten one so I'm not sure they're going to last until the weekend.


The Donut King most convenient to me was located at Booval Fair in Ipswich. I popped in on my way to work just before 4pm on a weeknight and I think the school kid rush must have beat me because there wasn't a huge selection of Halloween donuts left. I asked for 'all of them' which happened to be a perfect 6. There were some cute designs in my box but I'm disappointed I missed out on the mummy, which I think would be the most popular.

Inside ghost donut

Even so, how squee-worthy are these little donut ghosts? They were the first I sampled and I was surprised and delighted to find a jam center. The donut itself was fuffy and light and tasted quite fresh.

If you're planning a scary event, or even if you're just in the mood for something tasty and cute to look at, drop into your local Donut King for some of their limited edition Halloween donuts. If you can't get your hands on these, their regular donuts are pretty rad too.

No comments:

Post a Comment