Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Rare Pear for Brunch

The Rare Pear
http://therarepear.com.au/


As much as I loved eating local specialties throughout China, by the end of our trip I was desperately craving "western food". Almost as soon as we landed, I scheduled a brunch outing with Jenny.



We chose The Rare Pear as a halfway point between where we were both living at the time. It was when I got there that I realised I previously had no idea where Holland Park was. It's actually very close to Carindale! I spotted some other busy cafes in the nearby vicinity and filed them away for future consideration.

Coffee time

The Rare Pear has outdoor and indoor seating available and it was quite windy so I wanted a spot inside but they were all taken. We ended up huddled at small table by the footpath but after a hot coffee I barely noticed the cold.


The menu sounded amazing and it was one of those situations where I couldn't narrow down on just one item. I changed my mind about 4 or 5 times and once I thought I'd decided, a waiter came and told us the specials of the day (one of which was pork and fennel sausage), I nearly chose that instead.

Sauteed wild mushrooms - on olive and rosemary bread, with roast cherry tomatoes, pecorino and truffle oil plus addition of pork and fennel sausage

My pick of the morning ended up being wild mushrooms on rosemary bread with an addition of pork and fennel sausage. This managed to satisfy all my cravings. The mushrooms were juicy and delicious. The sausage made it that bit more hearty and hunger beating.

Chorizo, white bean and capsicum quesadilla - with fried egg, melted cheese, sour cream and chipotle aioli

Jenny's order was the white bean and chorizo quesadilla. Her verdict was that it was so good that she forgot to offer me any. Unlike me, Jenny's actually a polite and thoughtful person so that actually meant something coming from her.

We had a lovely time at The Rare Pear. It was a bit chilly in the wind but this was made up for by delicious food and our friendly and outgoing waiter.
The Rare Pear Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment