Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nutella, Banana and Pecan Toasted Sandwich

Nutella, Banana and Pecan Toasted Sandwich
Home Cooking



Another blast from the past... I thought I'd revisit all things bread-related since I'm relying on 2 loaves of Abbott's Village Bakery bread to sustain me for 2 weeks. This was something I smashed together near Christmas last year when I was killing the daylight hours with inventive ways to fill my stomach.

Just looking at the pictures makes me want to dip my face in Nutella.

Mmm... Nutella.


Add banana to the equation; well chocolate and banana smoothies make my heart sing and on toast it's just as lovely. Pecans sort of tip the balance from amazing human snack-food to something other-worldly.

Nutella, Banana and Pecan Toasted Sandwich
Feeds one lucky person

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices of bread
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • Nutella
Procedure:

1. Lightly toast the bread.
2. Spread Nutella across one surface of each toast.3. Layer the banana slices across one piece in a single layer.4. Sprinkle the pecans over the top.5. Place the other slice of toast on and place in a sandwich press until the exterior is crusty and the inside is melty and wonderful.


This is ideal comfort food, snack food, TV food, hangover food, afternoon/midnight sugar fix and all round tasty treat.

Do you know of any other food that takes so little to put together and yet works so hard for you?

Feel free to explore variations in the filling - I'm thinking honey/almond, walnuts, cinnamon... kill me now (for I am currently Nutella-less).

No comments:

Post a Comment