Monday, January 26, 2009

Super-duper Supreme Pizza

Super-duper Supreme Pizza
Home Cooking


I was aiming for a meat-lovers style pizza but the fact was I didn't end up using a large enough variety of meat to warrant that title. This pizza IS huge. It was a delight to slice because it came out of the oven looking like salami spread on bread. As soon as I sliced it, the meaty bits butterflied up and revealed layers of veggies. My Supreme pizza leaves no stone unturned - you'll find everything on here. Only 2 people tasted this (only 2 people in this house...) but we were both pleased so I can call this a definite crowd-pleaser!


Once again, no recipe followed and didn't carefully measure out quantities. Just load on things you love and you're on the right track. This is what I used...

Super-duper Supreme Pizza
Makes 1 mini pizza (15cm diameter)

Ingredients:

  • pepperoni
  • lean ham
  • 1 mushroom, sliced
  • 1/2 tomato, pulp removed and chopped
  • 1 anchovy, torn into small pieces
  • 1 small gherkin, thinly sliced
  • few black olives
  • tomato-based pizza sauce
  • mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan (yes I used all 3)
  • pizza base
Procedure (it's all in the assembly):

1. Spread pizza sauce on liberally - going into the edges.
2. Mozzarella and cheddar on now. Scatter liberally.
3. What I like to call the 'nice surprises'. This layer has the sharp flavors that will surprise you when you bite down. Distribute your anchovy pieces, olives and gherkin.
4. Veggies! Mushroom & tomato.5. I hope you followed the general pizza-baking advice here (bottom of post) and pre-heated your oven to 250 degrees Celsius. I got a bit concerned about a) the height of my pizza and b) veggies not cooking thoroughly so... I modified my usual pizza-baking procedure by first popping the pizza into the oven without the meat.
6. After approximately 10min, I saw that the base was pretty much cooked through (no fear of damp doughy base) so I whipped the pizza out, threw on the ham and pepperoni, shaved parmesan and, (as an afterthought) plopped on some spicy tomato chutney.
7. All this went back into the oven, on the top rack this time in an attempt to crisp the meat.
8. Remove from oven, cut and enjoy.


 

The first thing I thought when I took the pizza out from the oven was 'where did all the vegetables go?'

Like I said before, you slice it and everything you put underneath will peak out and the whole thing is just beautiful. Very very tasty too. All pizzas are open to modification so go for it and make your own today!

No comments:

Post a Comment