And finally, with 4 weeks off work I have no excuse not to write up my holiday blog posts. This will be more of a memoir for myself than anything that would be of interest to my readers but I hope those of you who have some spare time or are planning a trip to Europe anytime soon will gain some insight from my recounts. I've separated the posts into country, by chronological order. Where there is a distinct separate activity (e.g. an Italian food tour), I might put that in its own post. Most of my writing will focus on food but obviously, that isn't all I did so I'll include other highlights too.
As I've mentioned previously, I had some drama with my photography equipment early on in my trip so I pretty much have nothing to show for the Asian leg plus London. However, due to my OCD, I can't simply exclude them from the list. MUST BE COMPREHENSIVE.
- Hong Kong (plus Macau)
- London (plus Donnington)
- France (Paris, Bordeaux, Loire Valley)
- Switzerland (Zermatt, Zurich)
- Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Munich, Ulm)
- Boom for Tomorrowland (not blogged)
- Italy (Venice, Bologna, Florence, Cinque Terre, Naples, Amalfi Coast, Rome)
- Greece (Athens, Santorini, Crete)
- Turkey (Istanbul, Bursa)