Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sydney DAY 4: Dinner at Adria Rybar and Grill

Adria Rybar and Grill
http://www.nicksbondibeach.com.au/adriabarandgrill.htm



This was our third meal at the harbor for the day... not that I'm complaining. It's a totally different view and feel at night and no less beautiful.



We went to Adria Rybar and Grill as a large group and I noticed all the restaurants around the wharf were buzzing with customers.



Banana split cocktail

Drinks were first - I couldn't resist a banana split cocktail. When it came, it tasted refreshingly un-alcoholic (being the alcohol noob that I am, my preference for cocktails is inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol I can taste). It was very much like dessert, in liquid form.

Mixed sharing platter

Half the table ordered entrees to share - our half went for the mixed sharing platter. This was more than enough for 3 people to go through. There was bread, dip, sausage, cheese - lots of goodies.

Grilled haloumi and salad

For mains, I chose the lamb burger and our friend chose a light haloumi and salad dish. Charlie initially went for a steak but as soon as he ordered it, he saw a rib special so he changed his order to that. The waiter was a bit rude about that which I thought was unnecessary since he had literally not walked 2 meters from our table before we decided to change.

The waiting time for food was quite prolonged but it was a busy night for Adria's. When the mains arrived, we all marveled at how huge Charlie's ribs were. They were quite massive. He even got a disposable apron and hand wipes to go with it.

Note: my photo of the lamb burger was so shocking I can't upload it. Just use your imagination :)

I was a bit annoyed that my cutlery wasn't changed going from entree to main. The lamb burger was alright but I didn't like the addition of feta cheese in a burger. It really overpowered everything else.

Giant ribs

RARGH! I'M GONNA EAT YOU!

The ribs looked big but as you know with ribs, there isn't that much meat on them. These tasted alright but were a bit dry and charred. I would have liked more sauce to it.

Very much needed at the end of it

The burger and ribs came with chips on the side. The chips were really good. I think it's a disgrace when restaurants or eateries can't get something as simple as chips right. These ones were golden and crisp, no sign of sogginess at all. Thumbs up there.

I think Adria Rybar and Grill has an excellent location and good selection of food but they can definitely stand to improve in terms of service. Food is generally acceptable but I didn't sample anything that I thought was really stand-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment