Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sydney DAY 5: Ice-cream by the water

Gelatissimo (Circular Quay)
http://www.gelatissimo.com.au/



Full to the brim after Spice Temple, the last thing we thought we'd do was stuff ourselves further with ice-cream. There's actually a Gelatissimo on Albert St in Brisbane and I managed to walk past 2 or 3 stores in Sydney without a second glance, but the lure of having ice-cream on the sunny boardwalk had SUCH a 'childhood memory' quality that I couldn't deprive myself of the opportunity.



One of my earliest memories was of my granddad buying me ice-cream near the water. I have a feeling this happened in Shanghai so it probably wasn't the ocean... still, in my mind, the weather was hot and the sun was high in the sky. Ice-cream is nice any time of the day, any where, but there is such a thing as 'ideal'.



Circular Quay Gelatissimo was beyond busy. I guess I'm not the only one who feels like something cold when the sun is beaming down. They had a 'nutty chocolate' special - limited edition nut and chocolate flavored ice-cream that caught my eye.

Nutty nougat crunch

I went for nutty nougat crunch in a cone whilst the other two chose chocolate and macadamia.

Chocolate and macadamia

Ice-cream was fabulous. The view was great. Weather was perfect. I am one lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. I had gelatissimo on the gold coast and it was awesome. I'm glad you liked it so much too. There is one here in Melbourne, I just need to source it so I can have that sweet creamy ice cream again!

    ReplyDelete