Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sydney DAY 5: Breakfast at Bambini Trust

Bambini Trust
http://www.bambinitrust.com.au/



Breakfast is perhaps my favorite meal of the day, not counting desserts (which isn't really a meal; it's a course). I can't have the type of breakfast I like on an everyday basis but when there are the long holidays, lazy weekends etc and I don't have to get up early or rush to get things done in a day, there's the chance of a nice breakfast out.

In Sydney, I had the privilege of enjoying a good breakfast every morning. This was another recommended location. We walked to Bambini Trust from our hotel and on the way, passed something else with 'Bambini' in the name, got a bit confused but decided to ignore it.



Bambini Trust has a very impressive doorway. It almost feels inappropriate to walk in just for breakfast. While we were standing there awkwardly wondering if we'd be out of place, a very sweet waiter came out and ushered us in.


The interior is dark and luxurious but also quite cozy. It feels more boutique than restrictive/high class and to me, that's a mega plus. We ordered coffee right away and I spent ages pondering over the menu before the aforementioned waiter pointed out that they had a special: fresh figs with yogurt and honey. I'm generally not a huge fan of dried figs but I had never tried the fresh ones before so I went with that. Charlie chose an open omelet.

Skinny latte

The coffee was good. It woke me up in time for our food, which didn't take long to arrive.

Fresh figs with yogurt and lavender honey

The fresh figs were absolutely delicious. I am extremely glad I tried them. The flesh was perfectly tender and sweet and together with the yogurt and lavender honey, I couldn't imagine how something so healthy could taste that good. Ever since I returned to Brisbane, I've been scouring around for places that sell fresh figs but so far, no luck.


Open omelet with prosciutto and goat's curd

I was so busy with my figs that I didn't bother much with trying Charlie's omelet. When I did, I decided it was good too. You need to eat the prosciutto together with the goats curd, egg and bread or the whole thing becomes a bit too salty. Otherwise, it's a tasty morning treat.

Bambini Trust is another one of my Sydney success stories and I highly recommend it for service, food AND ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment